Sunday, November 8, 2015

Seagull

I love seagulls.  They remind me of growing up near Lake Ontario and Fair Haven State Park.  I take pictures of seagulls all the time, but usually end up deleting them because, well, they are just pictures of a seagull doing not much of anything but standing there.  However, when I was in Florida last November, I got two shots of seagulls that I just love! I was learning a technique in Hummie's classes called Out of Bounds, and I thought the seagull would be perfect for that.  But, I kept going and just extracted the entire bird and did something else with it.  This is what I came up with:  



The image below was my first exposure to masks.  I was pretty proud of it the day I did it, but now looking at it, it's like, really?  You can do better, haha.

I worked in Photoshop for a living many years ago, but I don't believe I was ever introduced to masks back then.  With these lessons I am taking and Youtube, I have learned more about Photoshop and Photoshop Elements in the last month than I did the entire 10 years I designed!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment